Saturday, October 27, 2012

Update on my dad

My dad was diagnosed yesterday October 26, 2012 with stage 4 liver cancer, he also has cancer on his spine, lungs and throat.  He asked how long, they said average 6 months to a year, but some live up to 3 years. They did a round of radiation on his back yesterday to help alleviate pain, he will do 10 rounds. He starts chemo on Monday and will go every Monday, no set amount they will just evaluate as they go along. He will not be doing hyperbaric any longer at this time because they feel they need to focus on the cancer.  They are hoping within about a month that he will be able to eat a little without aspirating.  Mom is staying strong for everyone and I'm praying that I can get stronger every day as mom needs her time to let herself go and deal with this news anyway she wants.  Dad has so many emotions and when I left yesterday he asked me to never forget him. As if I ever could, I could never forget you DADDY, I love you soooo much!!


No comments: