Saturday, November 17, 2012

Daddy Update

Dad had his scan yesterday and the spot on his spine is gone, however he now has a spot on his pelvis.  They tried him on a third medicine to help with the nauseau however it is not working.  We are hopeful that he will have some relief this week since he is not having chemo.  He has requested us girls, the boys and the husbands to come up for dinner tonight, we are going to cater in Red Lobster. 

He  stated "my time here is limited and I want us all together as much as possible before I have to go to my grave." So this is very emotional for all of us but I'm thankful for the time I've had and for however much more time I still have and I will not take another second for granted.  I have been truly blessed with such an amazing father and I cannot imagine not talking to him every day even if it's just been through text for the last year.  He also said "I want to look down or up and see you all happy." For those who know my dad know he will be looking down :) He is truly loved by so many people! As for us girls including my mom, well we are not ready for him to be an angel and we are hurting and mad and everything in between, but unfortunately it is not up to us, so we will cherish every chance we have together and when the time does come we will have to take comfort in his love.  None of us ever know when tomorrow won't come so never take a day for granted.

No comments: