Thursday, August 20, 2009

Peyton's new daycare/preschool


Peyton started big boy daycare/preschool on Tuesday August 18, 2009. When I dropped him off he was very clingy and I put him down and asked for a kiss and told him I loved him and he grabbed me and started crying, one of the teachers came over and he adjusted after about five minutes. I went and put his stuff in his room and by the time I got back to look in on him he was sitting at the table, he wasn’t being real active but he seemed fine and I was very shocked when I left the room he didn’t try and chase after me. When I picked him up he was sitting down outside and I tapped his head and he looked at me, jumped up and took off playing. They have an airplane and he absolutely loves planes so he was playing on that. I got to meet his teachers Miss Valerie and Miss Kristin and they stated that he did really well, they said that they could tell he was a younger two year old because he wandered a lot and didn’t want to do circle time but they were very impressed at how good he played with the others and how well his gross motor skills are. By the end of the week he was climbing the little rock wall on the play gym and was doing a little better with circle time, they said he came and sat there for a few minutes so it’s an improvement. The second and third day I dropped him off he did much better he didn’t cry but needed a minute or two for me to be there and then I gave him his breakfast and he was fine. He has already learned to wash his hands and throw the paper towel away, which he is very good at throwing things away and we have worked on hand washing but I think he likes the little sink that’s his size better. Every night he has been a ball of fire and then when it’s time to go to bed he crashes. He is a little cranky in the morning but he is doing better.

No comments: